I just cannot get enough of Joe Scarborough and the other babbling idiots on Morning Joe. There is nothing in the political pundit business that looks more like the bar scene from Star Wars than Morning Joe. From Pulitzer Prize winning Eugene Robinson (aka. Captain Obvious) to Mike Barnacle to Mika Brzezinski to Donny Deutsch-bag – I can always hear that Star Wars bar scene music playing when I tune in for a laugh.
When listening to this band of miscreants I have often wondered about their qualifications to deliver insights. They are on MSNBC so we know the bar is low. Still when I hear the words “Pulitzer Prize Winning Eugene Robinson”, I start to wonder.
Here is the background on Captain Obvious’ Pulitzer Prize. In 2009 the Washing Post won 5 Pulitzer Prizes. The Post won one for a report uncovering the prostitution scandal that forced Eliot L. Spitzer (D) to resign as New York governor. However, Captain Obvious’ Pulitzer was… wait for it… “Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson captured the prize for commentary for his writing about the campaign that led to Barack Obama’s election.” Need I say more?
Mika’s dad is Zbigniew Brzezinski. I often wonder, as I watch Mika get frustrated at the least little Politically Incorrect move or comment from others, has she ever read one of her Dad’s books? Daddy Brzezinski co-founded the Trilateral Commission (internal, 1999) with David Rockefeller, serving as director from 1973 to 1976. Some of his thoughts and writings include:
“Democracy is inimical to imperial mobilization”
“It is also a fact that America is too democratic at home to be autocratic abroad. This limits the use of America’s power, especially its capacity for military intimidation.”
“This regionalization is in keeping with the Tri-Lateral Plan which calls for a gradual convergence of East and West, ultimately leading toward the goal of one world government. National sovereignty is no longer a viable concept.”
I wonder what little Mika would have to say if any of the above quotes came out of the mouth of Donald J Trump. Hummm….
Last week in reflecting on the rise of Trump, Mike Barnacle actually had the incredibly large stones to say:
“The media has got to do a better job than we’ve been doing”
“We have to do a better job at vetting”
Is Barnacle really that lacking in self-awareness on how he and the media had a love affair with Obama? They vetted zero, instead they aided and abetted that candidate. Rest assured he knows. His own posting of the above comment specifically cut off the “at vetting” part.
I could keep writing for days about this group, including the time Joe Scarborough said he took large cash donations while a member of congress but it never influenced him. Really, Joe! Most of your MSNBC viewers may be stupid… but not all.
So while “Morning JoMeika” had been favorable toward Trump – it was the classic Liberal Playbook. The same one McCaine fell for when he made a run. Moreover, you could not have a better Liberal Republican than John McCain, and they turned on him. As soon as Trump clinched the Republican presumptive nomination, overnight JoMika turned to attack. No surprise here, we have seen it before repeatedly. What has JoMika in a spin of late? Some talk about taking over the world. Oh, sorry that is Mika’s Dad not Trump. No Trump said the following Outrageous statements:
“The judge was appointed by Barack Obama, federal judge. Frankly, he should recuse himself because he’s given us ruling after ruling after ruling, negative, negative, negative,”
“What happens is the judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that’s fine”
Here are some things Morning Jo Jo did not examine or raise and I will bet you they still do not know – even with all that “political expertise” they have on-board:
- Judge Curiel lists “La Raza Lawyers of San Diego” as a legal association
- Curiel served on the selection committee in 2014 for the La Raza Lawyers of San Diego Scholarship Fund
- Six of seven of the recipients of these scholarships ranging from $1500 to $1600 were born in Central America
- One of them, Ricardo Elorza, described himself as “undocumented”.
- In the Trump case, Judge Curiel said he had “mistakenly” released some records in full, when they were supposed to be edited or redacted
- In New York, Trump has filed an ethics complaint against Attorney General Schneiderman in connection with the case. No outrage over that!
- Art Cohen, a lead plaintiff in the litigation, completed a survey in which he not only rated Trump University’s three-day seminar “excellent” in virtually every category, but went so far as to indicate that he would “attend another Trump University seminar” and even “recommend Trump University seminars to a friend.”
- When asked how Trump University could improve the seminar, Mr. Cohen’s only suggestion was to “[h]ave lunch sandwiches brought in” and make the lunch break 45 minutes.
- Former student Bob Giullo, who has been critical of Trump University in numerous interviews and negative advertisements from political opponents, also expressed his satisfaction, rating Trump University’s programs “excellent” in every category. When asked how Trump University could improve its programs, Mr. Giullo simply asked that students be provided “more comfortable chairs.”
- Former student Tarla Makaeff is suing Trump University claiming that she didn’t receive her money’s worth, but that’s not what she said in 2008 when she was taking classes at Trump University. Watch that here!
Day after day of outrage based on the two Trump lines above. Zero days of any facts regarding the case or why a defendant could be concerned! Cue the Bar Scene music, Morning Jo Jo is about to begin.